Love from Grandpa

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The flood


Do you remember the photo I showed you with the boy on the bridge? I told you that the flood was coming and the bridge would soon be under water.

Now the flood is here. The top photo shows you where the bridge was. If you look in the bridge photo, you will see some houses and some steps. Today's photo was taken from the top of the steps next to those houses. There is no bridge anymore. If I want to get across, I have to take a boat.

The second photo today shows the bottom of my street. I took it from the yard of a woman who makes tofu. I went to her house to buy some tofu. I had to ride my bike through water 30 cm deep. All the houses at the bottom of the street are in water.

Love from your Grandpa with wet feet in Cambodia


 
Site Meter