Love from Grandpa

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Danger at Muang Boran

Once upon a time when Grandpa John was visiting Muang Boran he saw some lions. Well, they were actually statues of singhas which are a magic type of lion that often guards temples. Some kids wanted to climb on the statues and the Mum who was with them called out 'Don't climb on the lions. It's dangerous.' Actually she said it in Thai but my friends told me what it meant in English.

The kids called back, 'Don't be silly Mum. They're only statues.' This is very unlike Thai kids because they are usually very obedient towards their parents and don't answer back.

One started to climb on the singha's back. 'No don't!' The mother called, 'You'll turn into...'

But she didn't finish because the kid became a statue too.

I don't know what happened after that. I took the photo and then I left. I wonder if the statue kid turned back into a real kid again.

The end

Labels: , , , ,


 
Site Meter