Love from Grandpa

Monday, March 24, 2008

Alligator fish

Hello

One day my friend took me to a restaurant near Muang Boran. They had a pool with fish in it. My friend said, 'Look, that's an alligator fish.' There were several of them in the pool. I'd never heard of them before. They looked like fish with alligator heads. Maybe they were there so you could order them at the restaurant. I don't know because the menu was in Thai and I don't read Thai very well yet.

I looked on the internet to see if I could learn anything. I found there is a fish in America that is called an alligator gar. It looks very much like this one. Perhaps someone brought some to Thailand. They grow quite big. This one was about a metre long but they grow much bigger. There are photos on the internet of alligator gars that are over two metres long. It says they can grow up to four metres. And sometimes they do bite people.

So, next time my friend takes me to that restaurant, I don't think I'll bother to put my hand in the pool.

love from your Grandpa John

Labels: , , ,


 
Site Meter